Suburban Endocrinology offers a team approach and provides a variety of treatments and services to help patients with diabetes and their families manage diabetes and develop healthy normal lifestyles.
Patient-Focused Diabetes Care
Patients are active members of their health care team and receive:
- Diabetes Education
- Nutrition Counseling
- Options to manage diabetes including leading edge techniques in diabetes management
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGMS): allows patients with diabetes to get a continuous picture of their blood glucose levels through the use of ambulatory glucose monitoring devices. Information over time can reveal the effect of exercise, medication, meals and everyday events on blood glucose levels. With this information, treatment regimens can be adjusted.
It is important for patients receiving diabetes care to:
- Keep their scheduled appointments
- Monitor and record blood glucose
- Follow medication plans
- Follow meal plans
- Complete yearly eye exams, blood glucose testing and kidney screenings
- Evaluate quarterly A1C to measure overall diabetes control