Appointments & Consultations
To schedule an appointment, call 610-251-0300 and someone will be happy to help you.
We will call you with a courtesy reminder two days before your upcoming appointment.
New Patient Forms
Your Upcoming Appointment
Please be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Insurance Card(s)
- An up-to-date list of your prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and/or supplements, including dose and frequency.
- Previous blood test results and any pertinent new information from other physicians that may have not yet been forwarded to our office
- Written reports of any testing, i.e. ultrasounds, scans, etc.
- For patients with diabetes, please bring two weeks of blood sugar testing results
- If you have HMO coverage requiring a referral, please make sure that your referral is available at the time of the visit or you cannot be seen
- Co-payments are due at the time of your visit
- We accept cash, checks and major credit cards
To obtain a refill for a regularly used medication, please request a prescription during your office visit.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, please provide us with 48 hours notice prior to your scheduled visit. In the event of a sudden or urgent situation, please contact us as soon as possible. This will allow us to reschedule your appointment as well as accomodate other patients.
Suburban Endocrinology works with most major insurance plans. However, questions about coverage or benefits should be directed to your insurance company. Please be aware that any costs not covered by insurance are due at the time of your appointment. This includes co-payment and deductibles. Your insurance plan may also require you to pay a portion ("co-insurance") of various medical care fees. There is also a charge for administrative services which are not covered by insurance but may be requested by patients.